December 04, 2012

2012 Kendo State Championship

IMG_2972
So on Saturday morning I got up bright and early to head to the NSW Kendo State Championships. I haven't been at training for the past two months. Since I've finished uni I started working full time to save for my holiday that's coming up real soon so there's hardly been any spare time for me. But I have been trying to keep my fitness levels up with some runs and weight training at home.

In the end I took home third place, not the best result, I would have liked to take home first place but considering the circumstances, third wasn't a bad result. My focus is now on the National Championships held in late March/early April next year and I'm definitely looking at making the state team again. But for now kendo is going to have to wait since I really need to save for my trip, in saying that though I look forward to getting back into it when I get back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment