January 02, 2016

Twenty Fucking Sixteen

Hello 2016, you sure did creep up on me quite quickly. Time flew for me in 2015 but it was a year full of great ups and some very major lows, probably one of the lowest points of my life. But overall it was a great year as I was able to spend it with great company, you all know who you are. 

Looking back not much happened as I actually scored a full time job aka started my career as a lab technician. Very happy with the position and the people I work with are great. I couldn't have asked for a better role. So work wise, I managed to tick that off the list for 2015's New Year's resolution. Work wise for 2016 would be to progress even further and continue learning.

Kendo - it was non-existent. I still keep tabs on what the club is up to but the only time I picked up my bogu and shinai was to move them out of my room. I do miss it but with starting my new job I just didn't have time for it in 2015. Maybe that'll change in 2016 and I attend at least one training session.

Leading onto to my fitness levels, which is a new one for you 2016 as I am very unfit. I've put on a bit of weight and lost nearly all of my body strength and struggle to do 3 pull ups. So I'll be trying to get back in shape so I don't die at that one kendo training I'm aiming for haha.

Car wise, Kim and I now own 4 cars between us. Like previous years, my CRX did not get boosted but it's getting there. Mark my words, it will get boosted this year! Kim's crx will try and get a B18c dropped in and our new car, the Chaser, will get sideways a lot more this year. Then that will be the end of that! (Until I want more power in either of the cars).

Personal projects are doing pretty well, Karts and Kebabs was a great success in 2015 with a full field of 20 racers. I'm aiming to further improve it this year and hoping it will continue to grow. I hardly wrote any articles or anything remotely close to one for a magazine project I wanted to start but that has been put on hold for the biggest personal project I'm going to undertake. Probably because it's a team project with my closest friends and it's a passion project. Watch this space as if things go to plan, we'll be living the dream after 12-18 months of hard work.

Overall 2015 was a good year, I can only hope 2016 will be just as good and I'm looking forward to ticking more things off the list this time next year.

Toodaloo motherfuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment