September 01, 2010

Osaka: continued

IMG_4987 copy
The next morning we were off to Osaka Aquarium, I absolutely love aquariums and I'm so intrigued with anything that has to do with the ocean and things underwater.

IMG_4989 copy
The aquarium was pretty big and housed 2 whale sharks.

IMG_5019 copy
Saw this cool guys inside just chilling, my girlfriend said it looked like a giant hamster and it really does.

IMG_5025 copy

IMG_5030 copy
Some octopus hiding at the bottom.

IMG_5035 copy
Giant spider crabs! these guys looked surreal, they were so big.

IMG_5036 copy
and there were a whole bunch of them.

That was pretty much it from inside the aquarium as the camera wasn't too good in low light conditions.

IMG_5044 copy
Me and the mouth of a really big shark.

IMG_5047 copy
The touch pools they had were so much better than back home, I got to touch sharks and sting rays and not just coral and star fishes.

IMG_5050 copy
It was nice to be able to pet these animals, little kids were loving it too and I convinced my girlfriend to finally touch them too and she didn't really like it but I was having a ball. I felt kind of bad as it seemed the sharks and sting rays were dumbed down a bit as they weren't really reacting to us touching them.

IMG_5054 copy
A great quote on the wall as we were leaving.

IMG_5056 copy
Some great Engrish at the restaurant we went to for dinner inside the shopping centre just outside of the aquarium.

IMG_5057 copy
Our friend Kim found this cool all you can eat restaurant where you cook your own battered food.

IMG_5059 copy
A very cool idea indeed and we had a great time there, too bad there wasn't much in variety and I pretty much just at the prawns all night.

IMG_5063 copy
More food, we ate so much until we got sick of it, then we just headed back to our hotel to get some rest in for our big day to Universal Studios.

Stay tuned as I'm starting to get back into the swing of things and I should be writing up my Cultural Report today for UTS but you know how much I love to procrastinate so I think I'll be contributing quite a lot more my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment