October 09, 2010

2010 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX: Practice 1 & 2

suzuka panorama copy
Today is the day I crossed off something on my "Do before I die" list and that was to attend a Formula 1 race, and who would have thought it would be at Suzuka Circuit here in Japan since the most likely place would have been at Albert Park in Melbourne.

It started off with not much sleep at all, and a very early start to the day I met up with my good friend Carlos from Guatemala, who is a bigger F1 fan than I am. We got there just in time after a bit of a hiccup but we made it and caught the first cars leaving the pit for the first session of practice and it was amazing, I instantly had the biggest smile on my face and goosebumps all over. It was truly one of the best moments in my life.

To keep things short, it was a great day and the top 3 from both practice sessions are:
IMG_5467
Sebastian Vettel who topped both practice sessions with a best time of 1:31.465 in the second session of practice.

IMG_5430
Mark Webber, who came in a close second only 0.048 seconds behind his teammate Vettel. I'm hoping Mark will get the win and that he ends up winning the championship, I'll also be buying a Webber shirt tomorrow to show my support.

IMG_5414
Third was Robert Kubica, a great driver who I always enjoy watching. Although at times the Renault sounded a bit "strange", especially under braking it seems as though reality wasn't an issue today for Kubica. Let's hope the Renault engines hold up for both Red Bull and the Renault team.

The Red Bulls are again looking to be the team to beat and the forecast for tomorrow is rain, which is good and bad since it will mix everything up for P3 and Qualifying but I'll be in the rain with a raincoat and I doubt I'll be able to take any photos.

Well it's been a killer of a day, but I'm tired as hell right now and even though it's totally worth it, I'll have to put going through the rest of the photos for another day. I hope you keep checking in as I'll be putting up some more small posts about each day of the Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment