December 24, 2010

My Diet

IMG_6113
One of the easiest things to cook while here in Japan is spaghetti, and because it's so easy and I don't really know how to cook anything else I've been eating a lot of spaghetti and foods which mainly consists of just meat.

But a couple of months back I had a compulsory health check at the university and my blood test's results came back all good except for my higher than normal Uric acid level. Which means I wasn't eating enough vegetables and I was drinking too much alcohol.

IMG_6080
I think I had it coming because I was eating a lot of meals that looked like this. This was one of my "breakfast for dinner" nights before I got my blood test's results back.

IMG_6083
I've also had to cut down on soft drinks as well which is a bummer because I love coke. Especially from McDonalds, I can never get enough of their coke. So now I settle for a medium coke instead of a large, or sometimes supersized coke.

IMG_6114
So lately I've been trying my best to eat healthier so it's a banana a day and also trying to eat a lot more vegetables and salads in general.

IMG_6091
Another solution I've found is to ask these beautiful Thai girls nicely to cook for you, that's Fyrenz on the left and Luknam on the right.If you ask nicely enough I'm sure they will, luckily for me I did ask nicely enough and I had lunch with them and a couple of Chinese girls as well who coincidentally cooked me lunch on the same day.

IMG_6090

IMG_6092

IMG_6096

IMG_6099

IMG_6103
After helping the girls set the table and waiting a bit the food was ready.

IMG_6097
The Thai girls also had their own version of the Vietnamese Summer Rolls! I was so excited when I saw these, it made me miss home food so much more.

IMG_6101
It was actually pretty nice, it's kind of the same but different at the same time. One of the most noticeable difference is that they used half cooked prawns.

IMG_6093
I didn't come empty handed though as I brought along a packet of Tim Tams and the girls loved them, and so did I.

IMG_6104
Here's Chen Chen, one of the Chinese girls, calling dibs on the Tim Tams.

IMG_6118

IMG_6123

IMG_6121
But when it comes time too cook for myself I've added a few more vegetables into my recipes and also added a salad to most of my meals. I've actually started to enjoy eating salads now as well and it seems to have helped because my skin seems less oily than it did before and hopefully the uric acid levels are decreasing as well. I'll get started on drinking less later though.

No comments:

Post a Comment