January 11, 2011

Into the woods

Thanks to Axel a couple of days ago I woke up before 12pm for the first time in about 2 weeks. I was woken by him calling to wish me a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year since he was back home over the holiday period. He also gave me news that he was going to be coming to Gifu for the day and that he would like to hang out, maybe climb a mountain or two so I said why not.

IMG_6276
After getting up and doing my morning routine of forums, facebook and blog reading I got ready to meet Axel. I managed to get some other friends to come along as well and the next thing you know we were off on our bikes heading for one the mountain that Axel and I climbed at the beginning of last year.

IMG_6278
Of course we stopped by the ostrich again as usual so the new students could check it out.

IMG_6282
We are always amused when we visit the ostrich.

IMG_6285
What would a hiking trip be without some Asahi Super Dry.

IMG_6287
We hit up the same mountain as last time and the view was just as awesome as I remembered.

IMG_6288
You know you're at the top when you get to this electrical tower.

We spent a bit of time at the top just chatting, drinking and eating cheese and pocky. It was good fun being able to do this again with some new friends and it was nice being the one leading the way this time since last time I was the "new student". A lot of other guys wanted to come as well but all had homework to do so we will be climbing this mountain again in the not so distant future.

It felt nice to get up early and get out and away from the kaikan (university dorms) and to go hiking was good fun as well. I had a great time catching up with Axel and just hanging out with everyone else too.

Here's my post from the first time I climbed this mountain.

I conquered a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment