January 11, 2011

Some LEGO fun

IMG_6301
So for the past couple of days I've had this urge to go out and buy some LEGO and yesterday I did. I was planning on buying some Star Wars LEGO but they were overpriced so instead I took the 2010 catalogue and had a read over lunch. It was in the catalogue that I found out the Minifigures, which I first saw over at Andy's blog, were actually sold in those vending machines/capsule stations in Japan. I ended up finding it after some searching around and 1,200 Yen ($15 AUD) later I came home with four of them.

IMG_6307
The cool thing is that they are totally random which put some fun and surprise into it. I ended up going home with these four fellas, my friend John predicted which ones I would get and I was pretty happy with what I went home with. The capsule station I found only had 8/16 of Series 2 Minifigures and that meant it was impossible for me to get the Spartan, which I really wanted. I also realised there was a Series 1 with some really cool ones as well including a clown, a Mexican wrestler and also a ninja one! So now I'm on the hunt for more LEGO Minifigures.

IMG_0716
In order of what I got, I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I was opening them on the spot. Here is the Mariachi which was on my "Must Have" list.

IMG_0714
Next was the Mime, which is my favourite out of the four that I have. He also comes with 2 extra faces which is awesome.

IMG_0713
I then got the Weight Lifter, which was a meh for me since I John called either the Karate Master or Weight Lifter and out of the two I was hoping for the Karate Master. But it's OK because this guy came in handy (you'll find out later on why).

IMG_0712
Finally I got the Ring Master, again John called this one and I was pretty happy with him, but not as happy as the first two though.

Now I get to have my own little adventures with these guys, I'm not going to have a blog just dedicated to these but I do plan on taking a few photos of them since I'm a big fan of a LEGO a day. Mine is just going to be random photos but nothing as good as that guy's blog.

I'll also be posting them up on my tumblr where I've been posting random photos of mine which I've decided to keep separate from this blog. So keep an eye out on there since you never know when one of these guys might pop up.

2 comments:

  1. what lens did you use for these photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mate,

    For the first two shots I was using a Canon 50mm F1.8 and for the rest I used my Canon G11 in Macro mode.

    -Steven

    ReplyDelete