February 17, 2011

T minus three days

This looks to be one of the last few posts from Japan. This time in 3 days I'll be sitting on the plane on my way home. I'm still full of mixed emotions even though it's so close to the end of my stay here, I thought I would be ready to go home but it's still hard letting go of everything here. I've said my first good bye to my friend Uka from China since she left to head home at 5am this morning, I woke up to see her off and it was the first of many goodbyes to come.

I've sent off my final package today, it was rather large and I managed to save a bit of money getting it sent home thanks to my friend Daniel who runs jdmparts.rupewrecht. I've also handed down a lot of things and given away a lot more, so my room is slowly clearing out and my luggage is more than 50% packed at this stage so it's certainly hitting home that I'm heading home soon.

With only 3 days left I've been trying to spend as much time out with the cool peeps here as possible and I've still got a few things I have to do before coming back home. So it's not all fun and games but by 4pm Friday it has to be since that's when I'm officially checking out of my room from the kaikan (dormitory). My room is still a mess but that's fine since I think I'll be spending most of Friday cleaning it up and clearing everything out.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my good friends; Duy and Bonnie who decided to come to Japan for a holiday and to also train kendo at some dojos here in Japan. So tomorrow looks like to be my final time in Osaka where I'll be meeting them.

In regards to my last trip, I took my very last big trip last weekend to Takayama. This for me marked the end of my journey here in Japan since Takayama was the first place I visited when I first got to Japan so it feels nice to complete the circle. Not only that I got to experience Takayama in two very different climates since last time it was Spring and this time it was Winter so it was nice to see things covered in snow. I also managed to get some more Hida Beef Burgers and also managed to find another small restaurant that was very impressive as well. More on this once I get home since I have a lot of photos from the weekend but the internet is cut in my room and I'm using the shared internet where flickr is blocked and also most of my camera gear is packed already.

Something big also happened on Valentine's day which will affect me for the rest of my life but I'm happy that it happened since it will always remind me of the good times I've had here in Japan. I'm still not 100% ready to share this with everyone yet but when I am I'll definitely share it here.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this since I don't want it to be the goodbye post because I'm not ready to do so yet even though I'm accepting more and more everyday that it's time for me to go home. So I guess I'll end it here for now and I'll probably be writing up my final post in Japan on Friday afternoon after checking out of my room which I've called home for the past 11 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment