April 12, 2011

Home (Bitter)Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
So it's been a while hasn't it? There are no excuses, I just haven't been motivated to update it. I'm still settling in at home, catching up with friends, spending a lot of time in my garage and trying to keep up with uni work so my mind has been in a jumble lately.

It's just been over a year since I left for Japan and nearly 2 months since coming back and it's been a crazy ride. I'm finally home, with friends and family but at the same time I still find it hard to settle in. There have been more than a few occasions where I'm pretty sure I was hit with reverse culture shock, but that's all part of the game I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love being at home and being with my family and friends but Japan was just so much fun and I guess it's hard to let go of that part of my life and move on.

I'm even finding it hard to write this post, with lots of backspacing going on and trying to find the flow I had when writing posts in Japan but it's just not the same. I don't know what it is, but I just feel there's nothing interesting to blog anymore. My domain (blog.stevenle.net) got lost somewhere while trying to renew my hosting, so now I'm waiting for it to be released back into the domain tool so I can get it again. My camera has pretty much been collecting dust since Japan so that doesn't really help either. Things are in such a routine here, I find it hard to find anything interesting to blog about anymore.

Hopefully things will change as I've got a nice trip to Melbourne over the long weekend and a small car shoot lined up this weekend as well so hopefully I get my motivation back. I've also applied for a media pass for this year's World Time Attack at Eastern Creek too so hopefully that will push me to get my camera out and shoot more.

That's it from me for now, hopefully you guys will hear from me more soon. I'll try and find shit to post up to keep things rolling, maybe my Peugeot road bike build, I don't know but we'll see. No more emo-ness from me.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment