May 30, 2011

Personal Best

Just over a month ago some close friends and I headed out to Wakefield Park for 2 fun days of circuit racing. It was a great 2 days, I met some new people and it was just good fun being able to hang with my close friends and girlfriend and just do what we love and that is to go fast.

It's the little things like this that I missed the most when I was in Japan, and it felt so good to be able to get 2 full days of just taking my car to its limits on the track. We didn't have timing as it was an open day but we had our trusty iPhones which took a bit of mucking around with to get right, it said I managed a mid 1:15 on day one which I knew was wrong. But on day 2 we managed to get all the settings right and the times were getting more accurate, with the help of video clarifying the lap we had just done too.

My new personal best is a 1:16.07 (previous PB was 1:17.9) and I could not have been happier with that time, not bad for a D series on street tyres at all. Now I'm itching to go back and go even faster with some adjustments to my car. I've been thinking about it a lot and I'm aiming to get into the 1:14s with a set of semi slicks and less petrol in the car. I've promised myself that I won't touch the engine until I get into the 1:14s, that and I don't have enough money to do so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment