June 06, 2011

Melbourne Invasion Pt. 1

IMG_0982
Over the Easter long weekend a couple of close friends, my girlfriend and I headed to Melbourne to get away from Sydney for the weekend. My friend Khoa decided to drive down with his Mirage so the three of us jumped on a plane instead. Here's us, Hieu and I were a bit buzzed after downing a glass of wine with some oysters. Yes that's how we roll, like a boss!


IMG_0985-2
We flew with QANTAS and thanks to my Dad's frequent flyer points we got a free trip to Melbourne.

IMG_0984-2
I was so into watching The Last Samurai while waiting for everyone to pee when we landed.

IMG_0989-2
Straight from Sydney, we were in search of Khoa since he was picking us up. This is the first time I've been to Melbourne in a very long time, more than 10 years I think. I didn't remember much so this felt like my first time to Melbourne.

IMG_1021-2
The shopping Melbourne was definitely better than Sydney, as you can tell. My girlfriend and I spent quite a bit on shopping but it was totally worth it. I scored quite a bit of new gear, a lot more than what my girlfriend got haha.

IMG_1011-2
We also found some very cool looking change rooms too. I think this was the one at a Frat House store?

IMG_1008-2

IMG_1010-2

IMG_1012-2
This taxi themed one was definitely cool.

IMG_1013-2

IMG_1015-2
Street performers were a great form of entertainment, especially when my girlfriend did her shopping. There was this other guy playing the digeridoo to hardstyle and it was crazy! I didn't get a photo but my friends did get some good video footage. I wanted to get a CD but when I went back the next day he wasn't there anymore.

IMG_1016-2
Me hanging with Derrick Rose in the Adidas store.

No comments:

Post a Comment