August 16, 2011

A quick catch up.

Hello stranger, I know it's been a while since I've updated my blog but I am happy to inform you that I've been enjoying my holidays and I've been spending a lot more time away from my computer hence the lack of posting and updates even on my twitter. So let's see what I've been up to since my last post.

Team UTS
I've been training kendo a lot, participated in a couple of competitions and also passed my grading and am now 4th Kyu. Through the 3 or 4 years that I've been doing kendo I've only graded twice haha.

It's been great fun though, I've made a lot of new friends, not only from UTS Kendo Club but from many other clubs too. I also take Tuesday's training sessions now and it feels good to be able to set a good example for the newer members who attend our Tuesday training session.

I would like to say I've performed fairly well at the competitions I've competed in and that I have high expectations for future competitions to come. In saying that I've also been appointed Club Captain as I won the internal competition held last Thursday night. Next is winning Uni Games which is being held on the Gold Coast in QLD at the end of September.

Oscar's Bday Party
The usual partying during the holidays, this was for Oscar's birthday where he had a photo booth set up and we had a blast trying to capture some funny photos from the night.

Snow trip to Thredbo 2011
I did a couple of trips to Thredbo, the first one being just a small weekend trip and the other I went with my family and a much larger group of friends and we got a house right at the bottom of Friday Flats too. It was great fun hanging and snowboarding with everyone and having my mum cook for us was amazing. Having pho for dinner after a long day out snowboarding is the best! I bumped into Oscar too and he ended up hanging with us for quite a bit during our time at Thredbo.

The first week of August was crazy for me too with so much happening and it was a hectic weekend for me with the WTAC being held at Eastern Creek and also Founder's Cup, a kendo competition, was held at Macquarie University and I had to be at both. It wasn't easy and there were quite some highs and lows throughout the weekend but I ended on a high so that's all that matters.

Here's a little bit of something from that weekend, my article and photos published on www.7tune.com click here to read it. I have a lot more photos which I'll save for a separate post.

Semester 2 of uni started a couple of weeks ago too and due to some certain circumstances I have to study a lot harder than I did last semester, so there might not be as many posts coming up in the next couple of months while I work on passing all my subjects this semester. Speaking of which I have a prac on now which I have to get to, I'll try my best to get the WTAC photos up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment