September 07, 2011

Time In Transit

IMG_0001-1
Life has been pretty busy for me lately and it seems as though I've complained about it a lot but over the last few weeks it truly has been crazy busy.

Mainly uni has taken up a lot of my time since I think I'm actually putting some time and effort into it now (it's taken me 5 years to do so). I enrolled into photography 1 and even though it's an elective it's actually quite a bit time consuming as well as money consuming. I've got mid-semester exams coming up too so there goes my free time.

Since becoming the club captain for UTS Kendo Club I've stepped up and I've been taking role more serious to set an example for the new members of the club so 3 times a week I'll be training kendo at UTS. This also has to do with uni games coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm going for that gold medal again.

Last weekend my friend Hazuki, who I met while I was in Japan last year came to visit. She's currently doing a summer program at Griffith University in Queensland but she managed to take some time off to come visit Sydney for the weekend. So I took her out to explore Sydney, I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did.

So what I'm getting at is that I don't have much free time anymore. The only time I usually get 'me' time is probably on the train, where I'm usually reading a magazine or just listening to my iPod or even napping. It takes just under an hour each way so I usually just sit and enjoy the train ride as I reflect and just chill.

Tonight is different though, I've been inspired by the discovery of some great blogs out there especially after reading the post on Zen Garage by Herman Phung which lead me onto his tumblr and personal blog. I've heard of him through the old Autosalon crew but only met him briefly at WTAC not long ago. But from reading his post and blog it made me want to write and write something as amazing as he did. They say practice makes perfect so here I am, trying to get back into the swing of things and into the rhythm of posting on a regular basis again, during my time in transit.

No comments:

Post a Comment