October 03, 2010

New Toys!

IMG_0364
Some new toys I picked up while I was back home; an iPhone 4 and a Hoya Circular Polarizer thanks to my friend Khoa who works at Harvey Norman. Check out my mini review of the iPhone 4 after the jump.

The iPhone 4 is my first smartphone and it's great, it's like a whole new world has been opened to me with email and internet on my phone, which I sort of had on my phone in Japan but this was so much better quality wise with a larger, better screen and qwerty touch keyboard as well. Although the only department that it let me down in was the speed, I was so used to the fast internet speeds on my phone in Japan that the connection speed at home didn't seem that fast if I wasn't connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Another con about the iPhone is the battery life, but then again my girlfriend was playing Veggie Samurai quite a bit and I was always on my iPhone the first few days so I was charging it daily. But I've managed to use it for nearly 2 and a half days a few times. But either than that the phone is really great, like I said it's my first smart phone so I really don't have anything to compare it to.

I decided not to jail break it and paid a few dollars for some pretty good apps, including Tapatalk which is great for reading forums and when I was drunk I also managed to download I am T-Pain but we had so much fun that night playing with that app. I think it's the most expensive app I've ever bought and will ever buy, another app I purchased was Veggie Samurai for my girlfriend and all the rest of the apps were free apps which were 90% games.

The camera on it is great too, and it comes with a flash and has zooming capabilities as well unlike the previous iPhone models which is a great addition. I've taken some photos that I'll post up later and you can see for yourself that the camera is pretty decent. Actually the photo in my last post was actually taken with my iPhone 4, not bad for a phone camera.

Another feature I really like is the speakers, I've never really had anything that could play music loud and it's been great when I was fixing up my car I just had Jay and Silent Bob's podcast playing in the background and I didn't need to have headphones on and wires everywhere.

The phone is with me now in Japan and hopefully I can change my current sim to a micro sim so I can use my iPhone here in Japan, I'm going to head to Softbank (my carrier) tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

As for the circular polarizer, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but hopefully it should help me produce some better looking photos, especially at the grand prix coming up next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment