May 24, 2011

Go Kart Crazy.

IMG_6949
With so many cheap go kart passes being sold on spreets lately my friends and I have been going quite often and I've fallen in love with it. I've had a few late nights where I was up just doing research on getting my own one and I managed to talk to a friend who has one to give me the details on what's involved in owning a go kart.

I have to admit it turned out to be more expensive than I thought but it is still the cheapest form of motorsport. I'm now trying to save (keyword: trying) so I can hopefully get one by the end of the year, I'm even thinking of getting in touch with the guy I sold my old clubman to a few years back so I can buy it off him. Yes, I did have a go kart but I was young and wasn't really into it at the time so it was sold. Only years later would I realise how much fun I could have had with that go kart.

4 comments:

  1. where would you go to be karting? what tracks/licensing involved for it? I've never been, but I'd love to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Don,

    There's a few places that I've been to and they all vary in prices but I'll list them out for you.

    www.fastlanekarting.com.au/
    This is the cheapest one and it's the cheapest for a reason, the karts aren't the best but you still have quite a bit of fun. I used to go here a lot because it was close to my place.

    http://www.kartatak.com.au/
    This is the place I've been going to a lot lately because you can get some really cheap passes for them on spreets. I've been to both locations and I think Villawood has a better track but they don't have timing but the one in Wolli Creek does so I've been going there lately.

    Then some of the better ones are at Eastern Creek and Picton but they are a bit more expensive, especially Eastern Creek but like everything you pay for what you get.

    http://www.pkt.net.au/index.php/

    http://www.easterncreekkarts.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, now if I only had money lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day out shouldn't cost too much. $50 should be enough to have fun.

    ReplyDelete